View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 09:21 PM

Gregg,
A bit of Mercedes wheel trivia - While Mercedes Pontons and Fintails came with 13" rims, Mercedes did offer 15" rims, to special order, for police, ambulance or competition use. Also, starting with the Pagoda-SLs in '63 and the square body W108 S class in '65, 14" rims with the small center hubcaps, became standard equipment. I think, starting in '68, Mercedes switched to the large one-piece hubcap design. The early 14" rims that accept the small center hubcaps would be ideal but may be hard to find.

I looked at several of the 14" rims on my '72 W114 250 sedan. I think they will bolt up to my Fintail but I will check that out asap. None of my 250 rims have the little nubs to secure the small center hubcaps.

I've been in touch with someone who is parting out some older Mercedes. He says he has four 14" rims off a W115 220. He says these rims DO have the nubs to fit the small center caps. He's Emailing me some pictures tomorrow, so lets hope they're a set of early 14" Mercedes wheels and not some other 14" rims somebody stuck on that 220, that just happened to fit.

Happy Motoring, Mark

Last edited by Mark DiSilvestro; 11-22-2003 at 01:19 PM.