View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 04:49 PM
greasy griddle

300sd center console

OK, I've been searcing for days for the right answers, but nothing quite exactly like what I need. A lot of great backround and general info though. I love this forum!

So, when I first bought this 81 300sd turbo, in april, the rear right pass window didn't work. THen miraculaously it did work and I forgot that it hadn't worked before (funny those tricks of the brain). So, a couple of weeks ago I put the window down a few inches, and voila, now it won't go back up. I know that I should try to lsee if a wire is broken at the door hinge, but my friend had just fixed something similar in his 300d, and so he pried up the center wood panel and popped the center switches out to test, look, at them.

So, it's not that switch, but now I have a problem with the center wood panel being out of place too! So, i took out the ash tray and 2 screws to try to slid it or something and now how do I get the radio all the way back in under these two black plastic holders on the sides?

AGHHH! It's getting worse and now I want to know exactly step by step how to

1. Put radio back in properly (this is good because my radio sucks, only AM so now I might replace it myself)

2. fix center wood console which is pried up right now (this is in nice shape how can I keep it this way?)

3. get into boot at door (do I carefully pull one of the rubber rings from the hole its in? I don't want to mess anything else up so I'm nervous at this point. THe best thing about this car is that it looks really nice for 81)

THanks for help!