View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 06:20 PM

I would pull out all the mats and have a look underneath. Additionally, pull out the backseat and have look. Furthermore, check the spare tire well and under the plastic and mats in the trunk. (look in the cracks and creveces) If these areas are clean I would tend to believe that the car was well maintained. But if brand new with armour all on these areas, I would be skeptical especially coming from a dealer.

Do they have records for all maintance? Even though I do some of the work myself and do not have shop stamps in the book, I keep all receipts together on all the parts that I have purchased or maintained. If you have a nice history like this then it is a keeper.

Lastly, I tend to stay aware from dealers. Especially ones that clean the car up way too much! I prefer to wait and look and find that keeper coming from a private seller.

Iggy

2006 - Suzuki Gran Vitara (2.0 L fully equipped) Like this car so far except for trying to put on the seatbelt.
1988 - 190e - 2.3L - 172K miles (It now belongs to the exwife)
1999 - Chevy Blazer LS Fully Equiped - killed it June 2006
2001 - Honda Civic EX - 68K miles (sold June 2004)
1963 - 220S - Dual Carb 6 cyl. (sold)
1994 - Yamaha WaveRaider (fun to ride)