View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 09:10 AM

Off topic but I will share this story.
In the late 80's I worked for Gulfstream as a Facilities Engineer. This was the facility in Savannah where the G4/5's were built. One weekend I had some project going on where I had a contractor out there painting the service hanger doors. I'm out there on a Saturday morning checking on the job and a nicely painted G4 pulls up and out comes this young lady followed by a well dressed young man. The lady gets into a limo and takes off and the guy comes over to where I am standing and asked me about getting him a pack of cigs. I make arrangements to get him some cigs and we get to talking. I start recommending all kinds of different resturants in the Savannah area where they may want to get a bite to eat while in the area (the plane was in on a warrenty repair for some switch in the wing). Anyway he finally tells me that he is from New York and is the chef on the plane for the lady that got in the limo - her name was Pia Zadora . Some of the places I was recommending them to eat offered good food but they were places where you put newspaper on the table to catch the "shells" and stuff and the beer comes in a can. The person who owns the most of these jets is the Sultan of Brunai. The reason you rarely see one that is anything but white is because the darker solid colors make the "rivets" stand out too much. I will say that they have one of the absolute BEST paint booths I have ever seen.