View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fahrgewehr2

DC 10%, mostly stuck on this number.
EHA 2.05

Let idle for 5 minutes and turn motor off, leaving car KOEO.
Reading at pin 3 is 9.9%. Checked it twice to make sure.

``````````````````````````````````````````````
Let the car sit for ~2 hours. Check things again:
KOEO- 69.9%
EHA 0.0

Well, this is amazing. My '91 300E is displaying the EXACT same numbers. It's had an intermittent problem for years but now has failed entirely.

One thing that used to work for me...after the engine was running a few minutes I would push the gas pedal to the floor for just an instant and all would work normally after that. The pedal had to go ALL THE WAY to the floor or it had no effect. The car would run normally after that until the next day, when I had to do it again. This maneuver worked for over two years but quit working about a week ago.

My numbers are:

koeo Cold: DC 69.9 EHA 0

Running warm DC 9.9 and EHA exactly 2.0ma - stuck there but EHA will actually enrich to about 5ma when it should do decel shutoff and it will enrich a bit at WOT.

koeo Warm DC 9.9 and EHA 2.0

After it cools off it goes back to normal...69.9 and 0 koeo.

Mostly I can tell if things are working right by watching for decel shutoff on the tach. When I don't see it I know I again have 9.9/2. I do get "proper" numbers briefly from time to time...but very rarely.

Hurry up and fix yours and tell me what it was! Try the "floor-it" maneuver and see if it has any effect.

Michael Brewer