View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Thunderbubble

Thanks for your input guys...

Athough I'm not too sure what a 'band' is, I am new to classic cars and feel I have much to learn, but I don't mind getting my hands dirty...

I think this car does indeed set off in 2nd gear, and this is the problem area, and although not a constant problem, has left me starring wide-eyed at fast oncoming traffic on occasion when i've pulled out from a junction, it also seems to get worse when setting off uphill and when the engine has warmed properly.

I also have a couple of other problems that some of you might know the faults to.

1. After driving the car for 10-20 minutes, the steering starts to make a 'creeking' sound when turned either way, sounds like its coming from under the passenger footwell (This is a uk RHD car), sounds like a 'groan' as if somethings rubbing underneath, anyone any ideas?

2. When the engine is warm and had been stopped, it is slightly more reluctant to start, and when it does, sounds slightly rough, and maybe not firing on all 8 cylinders, although once underway, smoothes itself out... this can be quite tricky to set off, and on occasion has stalled.

Sorry for my total no knowledge guys, and any help will be great, oh and here's a pic of 'Jade' I promised

Best Regards
Steaven
Attached Thumbnails
280se 3.5 v8 Automatic Gearbox Problem-near-side.jpg