View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Thunderbubble

Hi again all...

Thanks all for your great advice

Having now had the car for nearly a week, alot of things have surfaced themselves

I was under the bonnet (hood) replacing the spark plugs, and i was starting the engine after each plug was replaced, and I noticed fuel spraying out of the top of one of the injectors, where the metal fuel pipe goes into the top of the injector rubber, but on inspection it only does this occasionally, not all the time, which has me baffled as to why? you would have thought that if the seal or whatever is in the injector had gone bad, that it would leak all the time... but it doesn't, can i assume this is whats causing the missfire all the time?

Can i also say, that this car has done 79,000 miles, and only 10 of those in the past 15 years... would i be right in suggesting that because of the sudden use (300 miles) all these things are showing up?

I went to a merc dealer this morning for them to have a look, but as usual it wasn't leaking at the time, I priced up 8 new injectors and with fitting the bill would be 1000 GBP ( 1600 USD!)

Surely I could get them cheaper than this...?

even though I have these problems, the motor is sweet as a nut when running correctly, and I really enjoy driving her... makes modern cars feel real cheap indeed.

Any advice would be great, and thanks again, especially to psfred for his informative info

Here's another pic of Jade

Best Regards
Steaven
Attached Thumbnails
280se 3.5 v8 Automatic Gearbox Problem-1.jpg