View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 05:04 PM

Anyone who lives in a warm climate and complains is just plain crazy. Cold sucks. Plain and simple. The next time I hear someone talk about the "beauty of winter" or some such drivel they can come shovel my driveway. Or how about put on 10+ layers of Carhartt gear and come help me shingle a house in subzero temps. Or try getting into your frozen-locked MB by heating the key with a Bic and inserting repeatedly it for 20minutes. If you don't have a garage you can just forget about ANY maintenence on your MB in the winter. Even with a garage the ice-cold concrete, snow melt and salt dripping in your eyes when lying under the MB ain't so great either. Now I guess if I had an inside job and paid someone to work on my cars I wouldn't care as much. I am where I am because of economics as I would suspect is the case with most of us. I have learned to deal with the cold but I will NEVER love it. So to those in the warm climates, dress loosely, wear a wide-brimmed hat, liberally apply the sunblock and bug repellent (if applicable) and enjoy a frosty beverage! My fingers are now to cold to type. RT
93' Chevrolet C2500HD ExCab 6.5TD, Two-tone blue, 252K