View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 84300DT
oh i forgot to say i did pass through starke in the middle of summer and have spent many a hot summers day in fla..

so,l to maybe cool your enthusiam ...it was a balmy -2 F here this morning which gave way to a ''tropical'' +9 F - so be careful what you wish for , hehe
you cannot imagine what that does to you and everything metal you own..

in my book i would take the heat anyday over the cold.

We'll i lived for 27 years in Illinois and 1 in Alaska. I may agree with you to a point as the whole eastern seaboard has TERRIBLE humidity in the winter which makes the cold worse. I was in Wisconsin at X-Mas and had -9 one morning with no wind. I walked out to crank the truck in a Flannel shirt and couldn't believe what the thermometer said!!! It wasn't cold at all. Later in the morning the wind picked up and it did get a bit chilly. Coastal Florida isn't all that bad in the summer as it gets a little breeze. All i can say is cold has never made me pass out but i have had heat exhaustion 3 times in 4 years here. My job is outside and #1 it is hard to breeth 100% humidity #2 the sun will bake you to death.

The biggest reason we want out of here is my wife and kids got allergies moving here. My wife has threatened to leave and go north without me because she is miserable. She has had allergy tests done and is allergic to most everything in Florida. She gets 2 allergy shots a week but they don't seem to help much. Also do not want to bring my kids up in a state known for the worst school system in the usa. The school there in now SUCKS and the closest priveate school is 30 miles 1 way.

1981 MB 300SD 190,000 miles Gray with cream interior.(sold)
1981 MB 300SD 239,000 miles Cream with Brown interior.(sold)