View Single Post
Old 01-07-2001, 05:29 PM
280c

Facts are Facts

The most reliable cars on the road are (Based on problem reports):
Acura Legend (now called the 3:5 RL), Chrysler 300M, Honda Accord, Lexus LS400, Toyota Camry.

I would not buy any of these cars under any circumstance, even if they lasted forever. I remember how the Japanese tourists acted at the Arizona memorial when I lived in Honolulu and I vowed to never buy another jap product.
Chryslers have been a horrible joke since I could remember even though they are supposed to be better now.

The most reliable vehicles on the road based on registered vehicles are far and away:

Chevrolet C/K trucks
Ford F-series trucks
Honda Accord
Honda civic

These stats have to do with overall sales more than anything else. People that have trucks usually need to keep then going so they are often cared for in a more critical way. 99% of people who buy a mercedes (or any car, really) do not understand the principles of internal combustion engines and don't work on their own cars. Mercedes owners, because of the cost of the vehicles, tend to take better care of their cars with routine maintenance and visits to the dealer. The alligator shoes in your closet last well because you take extra care of them, not because they are better than your tennis shoes.