View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 08:20 PM

Help! My car is getting worse by the minute

Friday night I drove by the Auto Zone to have them read the CE light for me...It turns out I may have a clogged or bad EGR valve.

That was the only error code. I went home and Sat, I went in and took the EGR valve off to clean it and the tubes...While I was in there, I went in and changed the spark plugs. I put in some cheap Autolites...

When I was done, I had this terrible idle problem that got worse when you shifted into rev or drive. I thought it might be the autolites so I put the Bosch originals back in...no luck. I then remembered one of the boots off the coil was split a little at the bottom...

So I put a new Bosch wire set and NGK plugs in today....Guess what? Its even worse than before...Im beginning to get scared touching the car...Anyone out there seen this before or have any idea what it could be?

Would the EGR valve cause that much of a problem? Also, their is a huge hesitation with the car, like Im pulling a boat...

I took it back on Sat, and had AZ read the codes again...came back with EGR and misfire code....it was a multiple cylinder misfire code.

Thanks in advance for any help

Carlos

1998 ML 320
126K miles

1994 Blue C220
122K miles

Im going to Grad School @ the University of Iowa
Go Hawkeyes!!!