View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 12:03 PM

Well, I have actually written back and said I will fly over and do the business in person. So far I haven't heard back.

Here's another one, but this might be legit. This is for a '99 SL for $24K. Here's his response on my asking "what city are you in"

Dear Sir/Maddam,

I'm very glad you are interested in buying my 1999 Mercedes SL 500 Sport AMG.

The car is loaded with all standard equipment and comes with all books and keys. The body and interior are in excellent condition and is all original. This vehicle is CARFAX CERTIFIED.

Here are the selling conditions :

1) Before I ship/drive and/or meet you for inspection the car to you I request a minimum deposit of 10% which is $2420.

2) We will use an escrow service which will take care of this 10% deposit.

My lawyers advised that through an escrow company is the best way to close expensive deals.

Here is the link: http://www.escrow1st.com

The fees are very low (0.75%).
I'm already a member of them (jalford201@aol.com is my registered email address).
Also you can check my escrow1st.com rating (29 positive transactions and none of them negative) by
clicking "CHECK AN USER RATING" from their home page (just enter my email).

Here is how we will proceed:

1) start the transaction with me (or I can start it as a seller if you want,just let me know).
2) secure 10% ($2420) to escrow1st (it will act as a third
party securing the funds).
3) after you wire the money , I will ship/drive the car for inspection to you.You can choose up to 30 days for the inspection period.In case you dont like the car,you can send it back on my expense, or i will come to take it from you.escrow1st will refund the total amount sent to you.

After you will approve the car, you will have to wire the balance to me and also tell
escrow1st.com to release the secured funds to me.

This is the only way I can close this deal with you.

I have a very busy schedule and I can not meet or talk to all my potential buyers.

After the 10% deposit is confirmed ,we can move forward.I will arrange to drive/ship the car to you asap.