FOR SALE: 1980 -W126 280SE Euro 4 Speed - Cornwall NY - $700 OBO

**** SOLD ****

The car:

1980 280SE Euro No emissions
4 speed manual transmission
144,887 miles

Work that needs to be done:
body fair, just a bit of rust under the trunk lid
Needs exhaust work, rear muffler broke off at resonator, but rear muffler appears to be in good condition, and is in trunk.
needs front right headlight lens and grill due to a run in with a deer
Interior front seats are rough, looks like the sun roof was left open a crack during storage. Back seats are almost mint cloth.
Clutch master cylinder could use to be rebuilt, as it leaks a bit.

Work I have done to it:

New Clutch last spring.
New brake pads.
Tires are about 3/4 left Dunlop SP Sport A2s
New plugs, new cap and rotor.
New front flex joint last winter.

The story on the car. (to the best of my knowledge)

I bought the car from a "Kid" that had it for sale for quite a while and wanted to get rid of it. He had inherited it from his grandfather that had brought it over from Germany. It had tail lights modified to put in turn signals but no emissions had been added. I have not had any issues with registering or inspections. I LOVE the car, but I am selling my house and do not know if I will have a place to work on it and have 2 other "project" cars. It has been a great comfortable car, and after above things are fixed, I would have no problem driving it cross country. But selling a house, divorce and things like that kind of change your priorities. I was going to park it at friends house for a while, but I would like it to get back on the road and that will not happen by my hands for a while.
I has Euro headlights that are adjustable at the dash and Euro bumpers. This would also make a good donor car for any one wanting to do a manual tranny swap, and euro lights and bumpers. I do not want to part it out myself as I am trying to sell my house and do not think a parted out car would make a good selling point.
contact me at paulwyand@hotmail.com

got rid of:
1984 VW Vanagon 195,000
1976 350SE Euro 185,000 KM
1973 280SE 4.5 (boy do I regret that)
1980 280SE European W126 4 speed manual (miss it)
1989 BMW 735iL 119000 (good riddance)

Last edited by Silver Boat; 02-16-2004 at 10:25 AM.