View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Amore California

Hmmm ... I purchased my 500 on eBay, and I did good ... quality/price/experience.

High miles on this car does not scare me if it has been taken care of. The Dealer is a well known 2nd Tier MB Dealer.

I believe I saw this on eBay/Autotrader about 3 - 5 months ago ... the miles and RENNTech caught my eyes (I'm a big RT fan), so it's been looked at by many. Use this to your advantage.

The cams being installed outside of Florida, throws up a flag. Contact RENNTech - Bob Braby and ask the Qs ... he remembers ALL the cars that RT has worked on ... more so, the owners of the car than the VIN. I have been told that the cams can only be installed at RT's facility - you need to follow up!

The interior looks clean and in good condition for the miles ... if I remember, this car had a $$$ stereo system installed - too bad someone put additional speakers in the front doors.

Though the car is a 1992, it has been update with '94 sheetmetal - again, too bad, IMHO. I love the BIG grille of the '92 - '93, and the rear deck has better design ques, IMHO. Also, I noticed that the center arm rest has been update - not '92 vintage.

The engine looks like someone has been keeping it clean ... a good sign.

So, what's next? Go see it. Go drive it. Do research ... RT, Warranty History from a MB dealership (I believe Smythe European is on Stevens Creek Blvd.), study the maintenance history. Try to contact the previous owner(s).

You are familiar with W124s ... this car should be built like a bank vault compared to the 300E and 300TE ... negotiate ... be happy.

BTW, contact the Seller and find out what the Reserve is set at.

Contact me if you need more info ...

Good luck!

Last edited by Cannoli; 02-11-2004 at 09:15 PM.