View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 08:05 PM

Jack/Lift pushed up floor of my car!

Okay, this didn't happen to my MB, but rather to the VW Jetta TDI. I had my car in today to get some suspension work and an alignment done at a local muffler/brake type shop. As I usually do, I dropped the car off early in the morning and picked it up later in the day.

So I bring it home and went to vacuum it out. Low and behold, there's a 4x6" section of the rear passenger side floor that is pushed up about 2 inches. Obviously someone didn't position their lift pads properly and it pushed the floor up.

I was VERY disturbed and went back to the shop. They adamently denied any such incident. Considering there are specified jack points on the car that I'm well aware of, I pointed them out to the shop manager and the wrench that did the work. Again, they claimed there would be no way they would have made such a mistake.

At any rate, I need to get this fixed. What's the best plan of attack and if I have to take it to a body shop or what not, how much do you think I'm looking at. The metal is not broken and didn't look fatigued, but is certainly pushed up and the floor is not flat at all.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Current:
11 MB S550 4Matic, 55k miles, Designo Black/Black
14 Ford F150 XLT Lariat Crew, 73k miles, 5.0
Coyote V8 4x4. Black/tan.
09 GMC Envoy Denali, 5.3 V8, 4x4 SWB. 38k miles,
Jewel Red/Med Gray.

Gone:
87 MB 300SDL, 320k miles, Astral Silver/Blue.
98 VW Jetta TDI, 488k miles, Classic Green/Gray.
85 Olds 98 Brougham FWD, 4.3 DIESEL V6, 80k
miles, 3x Gray.

MBCA Member, Chicago Region

Last edited by Lance Allison; 02-25-2004 at 08:39 AM.