View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 12:11 AM

Thanks Scott, I tried a lot of different things in my panicked state so I don’t remember if I took those exact steps. I'll do so. But here is another interesting caveat. There are of course a set of 4 buttons on the top upper right hand side of the 1492 - AM/FM, WB, TAPE, and CD. When I press the “CD” button, it only SOMETIMES turns to CD mode, where it will say things like "LOAD,” or "TRACK" etc. Many times, you can press the "CD" button all day and nothing happens. When you click TAPE or WB for example, it will change to those respective modes instantly.

If the capacitors are bad...is it fixable or not. I’m not electrically inept so if it’s accessible I can probably do it. Any other ideas?

thanks a bunch

EDIT: Scott I forgot to address the focus of your post……which will probably change everything. When I press the eject button on the shuttle, the cartridge DOES NOT eject. This led me to believe that there was no power to the unit, but as I mentioned in my initial post, the voltmeter tells me otherwise. The Alpine shuttle was bought brand new sealed from factory, so a defective unit is unlikely but technically not impossible. Could it be a grounding issue? If so how exactly would I ground the shuttle, there are no grounding terminals on the shuttle.

Last edited by AtlBenz; 02-23-2004 at 12:19 AM.