View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 12:39 PM
just a guy

Just finished installing fresh W7DC plugs and solid core wires in my 280SE 4.5. It had Bosch Platinums (resistors) and the wires appeared original although they were unmarked. The old plugs appeared on the verge of fouling and I suspect I am a bit rich. My query -- should I notice any immediate difference? The car was running well and I just did this, um, I guess, because I thought I should?! Have read the info here about the unsuitability of the platinums, particularly of the resistor type.

While I had the battery out I also cleaned the ground for the injectors. Again, not to fix a problem but it just seemed proper. Have some other items to address beyond the possible rich running such as the lack of kickdown. Have reviewed all pertinent threads and will crawl under to check the mechanism, modulator, etc. Really dunno my gas mileage since the odo takes a break now and then and I cannot predict when it will function.

BTW, fitting the plastic looms back over the plug wires was a PITA in the brisk wind outside