View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 07:44 PM

UPDATE: FIXED!

Just wanted to update this thread just in case someone has a problem similar to mine.

I took off the panel and found a broken plastic piece in the door. I searched this forum regarding this broken part and determined it was the window regulator guide jaw. (about $5.30 from fastlane). Since it was a Sunday I had no choice but to repair the broken piece on my own. I'll buy a new one and replace it later, for now my "McGiver" repaired part will suffice.

I tested the power window motor and sure enough it was not working. Since I anticipated this would be the problem, I already bought a used replacement from a fellow mercedesshop.com member (Adam).

As I was putting everything back together, I decided to grease all joints and moving parts. I have a feeling the regulator guide jaw broke because it was fighting friction. That in turn burned out the window motor.

Well, everything is all back together after 2 hours of work and I'm satisfied. Total cost of repair is $60 and 1 can of beer.

Oh by the way, while I was searching for help, there was a question about how to remove the regulator with the window stuck all the way in the up position --- I had the same problem. Just remove all the nuts (about 6 10mm nuts) holding the regulator and the motor. Everything will come out easily. Make sure you have someone holding the window cause it'll literally fall down.

Good luck.

jrmd01@yahoo.com

This thread is done...