View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 12:05 PM
moedip

Evan -ALL carpeting is removable - some pieces not as easily as others. I don't know about your car but on the Jetta I had to remove the center console and the seats and door mouldings and found the plastic screw hold downs for the carpets and removed them and pulled the entire front half and back half - a lot of work but like I said labor intensive but cheap. You will most likely have to remove the bottom sill plate at the doors and remove the rubber moulding half way up the door to see what is holding the piece of carpet in - usually there are clips that are hidden by the rubber for the edge by the door and if you take a light and look up at the piece of carpet you should see the fasteners holding it. The only place I have seen the carpet glued down is on some door panels. If you are queasy about removing the pieces from your car - go to an auto wrecker and find a similar model and practice on the scrap car to get the carpet loose - if man put it together - man can take it apart. Look at it this way - even if you want to replace the pieces - you STILL have to remove the old ones - so why not remove them anyway and pressure wash them first?