View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 09:35 AM

it wont start

I got the car back together, put in all the fluids and tried to start it after checking the timing numerous times. It won't start.

The starter motor turns, everything spins, but it won't ignite. It floods with fuel. I know there is good compression since I checked everything and after a few seconds of cranking the starter motor has trouble turning the engine since the fuel is getting compressed but not ignited. I check for a spark and there is one, although a bit faint. I checked the timing on the distributor, and although I have never used a timing light before, from what I know it seems right.

I marked the crankshaft pulley on TDC, and although I had some trouble checking the marks while the engine was cranking, they did line up as far as I can tell. Still it would not fire.

I think one of the ignition coils might not be connected right, or the wires got broken along the way since I preatty much had to move all of them out of the way, so this is what I will be checking next. Other then that I'm not sure why it won't start.

Any suggestions what else I could check?

xp