View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 09:30 PM

I replaced the bag because it had deployed. I replaced the crash sensor, mounted on the tranny hump, because the bag deployed and the only way the bag goes pop is if the sensor activates (and remember, they are a one time use item). If you mean the SRS module that is located in the passenger side foot well, the one the crash sensor plugs in to, no I did not replace that.

When you replace the ETR's that will entail replacing the seat belt, at least the portion that crosses the body, you shouldn't have to replace the latch unless they are bad too (sometimes a bad latch can trigger the light on some models newer than my '86).

As far as replacing the sensor on other cars...well I don't know. I imagine most of the sensors are single use items. I do know that on newer models than mine there is a two stage sensor where an impact can be bad enough to trigger the ETR but not bad enough to pop the bag(s). Plus on some if the impact is great enough the passenger side bag will deploy even though no one was sitting there.

'02 CLK320 Cabriolet - wifey's mid-life crisis

2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI...at least its a diesel

Non illegitemae carborundum.