View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 07:41 PM

300sdl power windows

I've the car about a month. All in all a great car. A few days after I bought it, the drivers window made a thunk noise. It still worked but I took the door apart anyway. I found one of the plastic feet that holds the operator to the door frame had broken. The little bolt that held it in place was loose. I suppose it was loose for 18 years. I cobbled together a fix with the old parts and a new bolt with a fender washer for support. I also ordered a used operator that I have but haven't installed yet. Today, the left rear window went down but didn't go up. I could hear the motor turning. Not a good sign.

I took the door panel off and found that the plastic piece that slides along the track at the bottom of the window had broken. I put it in the up position and put it all back together with the switch unplugged in the door so no one can accidently operate the window until I buy a new operator.

I noticed that the sliding part really only moved along the rear portion of the track. It looks like when the window was down, it was half out of the track. I also noticed that there is a lever with an adjustment on it. After I get a replacement mechanism, I'm going to try to move that lever, it has an adjustable stop, to prevent the window from going too far down.

Are there any adjustments to stop the motor from turning when the window gets to the upper or lower limit?

Thanks
Dave