Thread: Any Dad's here?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GermanStar
MBlovr do you have any kids? Honestly, I cannot fathom how a parent could possibly forget the whereabouts of his child. I'm sure the poor slob didn't intend this to happen, but the negligence here strikes me as being pretty extreme.

Yes I have a son whom I dearly love and have managed through great diligence on my part to help him make it through his teens years alive. Could I imagine myself forgeting about my son? No. It's because I consider myself such a devoted father that I couldn't imagine somebody doing this other that totally innocently which implies lack of criminality to me. To me criminality implies some knowledge of the consequences of ones actions. This is different than in some cases where people knowingly left their child in a hot car. Which to me would clearly be criminal.
We had a girl in our office lose a child in the sitters custody because the sitter went to the bathroom and while she was there the baby got it's head caught between a sofa and a table.
Any time something goes wrong which could have be prevented could be construed as negligence but sometimes it's just tragic.