View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TimFreeh
WannaWagon

....As I recall Enron was charged with manipulating the electric market in California a few years ago during the blackouts - of course nobody ever points out that the reason they COULD manipulate the market is because government regulations effectively made them the only supplier in the game!!!

This is a DIRECT consequence of the environmental movement having excessive influence over our political process.
I`m afraid this Enron thing is actually a direct consequence of the ENERGY INDUSTRY having excessive influence over our political process.
Remember what fellow ex-Texas gov calls Ken Lay "Kenny Boy"?

Get used to high prices fellas, it`s here to stay. This is what happens when the brain dead Amerikan public thinks some hokus pokus is gonna make more of something there is fastly becoming less of and continues it`s SUV love affair with drive thru sloburban utopia. And when Chinamen get the same hallucination there won`t be much left of anything.

Personally I`m looking forward to $3.00 or more a gallon, we`ve been paying that for a few years now. The 45 MPG TDIs sure get alot more use than the 300TD around here. Time for this nation to get real and begin to pay the full and true cost of our addiction to someone elses Devil`s Tea.

Gonna be an interesting next couple of decades. Better buckle up boys, it`s gonna be a rough ride.

Last edited by soypwrd; 05-09-2004 at 07:18 AM.