View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 06:55 PM

*Another Update*

It was indeed the climate control module. In addition I grabbed a couple cans of refrigerant at WalMart to top off my car, and a few in the family.

It is very easy to do this procedure yourself. All the tools needed are at your local WalMart or similar store. Using the Diagnostic display off of the climate control you can accurately gauge how much freon to top off your system.

My E300 was at a decent limit but I wanted to top it off to ensure proper cooling in the summmer months. When the compressor is not active the pressure in bars on the Diagnostic panel reveal a pressure between 12-14, approx. When energized it shoots up to the low 20's. When there is too much refrigerant, the compressor will shut itself off and not itself to engage up to and past 30 bar. If you over fill it's not a problem. You can use the the adaptor used to fill the system to relieve some of the gas pressure from the line, and you can let it drop until the compressor remains engaged consistently and the pressure of the refrigerant remains in the low 20's...

Enjoy!
'99 E300