View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 08:04 PM

Fixed it

Thank you all for your help.

I got your advice and looked a whole slew of stuff on the issue from this site and others, while awaiting the arrival of my MityVac!!

Given the condition of my vac system the documentation primarily confused me, but I read the hell out of it all the same!! To give you an Idea I am confidant that hte locking system has been completely taken out of the loop and the component that would appear to have the lines that go to those locks is not even mounted nor does it have any of the big black hoses attached to it, although i think i located black hose # 2 last night. . .thats correct just free floating in my car!!

After spending hours looking at stuff I decided to just go at it!. I started where I knew we knocked off the line and got no pressure from the side the sucking was coming from previously. . .nothing! Then i moved to the other side and wham!! needle jumped. I worked my way to the four way and found that no device beyond the four way was getting pressure. The little yellow thingy withthe two hose nipples only had one attached hose and upon attaching the mity vac to the exposed hose I saw the needle jump.I noticed two lines that were not occupied coming from the firewall to that general region (however no coupler??) so i attached it to the first yellow one using ahose that came with my new beloved tool (that's correct the MityVac to the rescue once again), and killed the key and bam it died. . .I then danced a lil jig and proceeded to try the same procedure withthe other mysterious yellow vacline coming out of the dash. . .I did not have the same results!!. . .so I returned it to my origional coupling and tried the AC. . .it all is better now.

Believe it or not that was the condensed version of the procedure. . .and I suppose what I am getting at is I still dont know what an IP is or what I even did for that matter. . .but it works and the Jig flows on!!!!!

This car needs a lotta luvin and I now dont knwo where to begin. . oil leaks and slow preformance, electric window oddities, Door vac systems. . .Identifying the misc. piece of floating unmounted hardware under my hood. . .the options are seriously limitless. . .I am currently happy with my success and if you all knew how little I know of mechanics you would never get in my car after I knowing I worked on it. Everyone has their skeletons in their closets!!

Thanks again

J