View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyFromWestOz
Please do not expect neck snapping acceleration from your 300D. Please do not expect to feel the back of the seat as you press into it under the power of the MB 5 cyl, Just be happy that it gets you from 0-60 in 20 seconds (or thereabouts).
Tony you are correct, it is a stepe curve. I have a few things going for me. First is this forum and the info and people contained therein. Secondly, I bought a cheap car that I am only a little afraid to screw up. Number three (and perhaps the most important), I am on a personal rennisance of sorts and have a burning desire for knowledge. . .right now. And lastly. . I am now reemployed (Starting the monday after my purchase) and although this will take some time away from my hobbies. . .it does wonders on the spirits which goes quite a long way!!

As for your quoted posting . . I am aware of what it should do and kinda have an idea of what may be wrong. I counted 30 seconds to 50. . .which by everyones estimations is pretty slow for this car. I never expected to break the sound barrier. . .but I do live in the sount and many yahoo's like to ride up on me and have a lil road rage fit. . .so out of courtisy I am trying to do all I can!! I plan on running WVO or B100 in the long run (probably WVO first, for obvious reasons), which although shouldnt affect this . . .it wont help it either. I have a ton of blowby and suspect that my engine is worn. Should a worn engine produce a slower acceleration. That may seem to be a stupid question. . .but I know there are no stupid questipons. My logic just tells me "Naturally it will you jack@ss"!!

Any how you can feel free to answer the question or not as I will find on my own anyway!!

Thank you all again. . . at the very least it is nice to have a supportive group that doesnt think you are nuts when you tell them what you are going to be doing!

J