View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 08:58 AM
"The Wizard of Oz"

I am part way through my WVO conversion and in the interim am running a 50% biodiesel / WVO blend in the main tank of Fatmobile 3. I am using 2 * 20 litre HDPE drums as fuel tanks in a tray in the trunl. I have a Facet type fuel pump adjacent to the fuel tanks.
I removed the fuel line from my spare parts car and used the mounting brackets from that car to support the additional fuel line to the engine bay. - All Mercedes parts
I am waiting on my plumber, who is making my coolant/fuel heat exchanger.
I have the fuel selection solenoid installed and the WVO fuel filter too. On Sunday, I will install the return line solenoid.
I plan to use the fuel inlet banjo fitting from the IP and the fuel filter bleed bolt, on the fuel filter, connected to the main tank return line.
The fuel filter banjo (3 hose ports) will be used at the IP, fuel inlet, to connect the return lines from the IP and injectors and the fuel line from the fuel selector solenoid.
I plan to put a return line solenoid in the return line from the IP, to connect it either to the loop, or to a Tee on the main tank return line.

To refuel the WVO, I will remove the 20 litre drum from the trunk, remove the cap (with fuel suction line attached) and put the cap on the next fuell drum.
Is this description clear?
Elizabeth '81 280E, sporting a '79 300D engine.
Lucille '87 W124 300D non-turbo 6 cylinder OM603, Pearl Grey with light grey interior

Various parts cars including 280E, 230C & 300D in various states of disassembly.