Thread: Death and Dying
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Banned

Well, if you didn't want religion, you might have skipped the word "afterlife". You'll be sorry.

Myself, I'm a scientific guy. The only way to defeat death is thru science, which is our only hope of living longer. I don't think there is much after it is over except dirt and worms. Howewver, even scientifically, there is room for hope that there could be more. The first law of thermodynamics states that energy is neither created or destroyed, it just changes state, and we may not be aware of all the states it can assume, knowing only those that exist in our 3D box we call reality . If there is some ethereal essence of energy, a soul if you will, that we consist of, perhaps it passes thru the other dimensions that Einstein has predicted exist and we somehow are recreated or transcended into something new. It truly is the mystery of all time. I think those who are totally convinced there is no god and those totally convinced there is are not afraid of dying. those in the middle are scared ****less.