View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike McDonald
Afshin, thanks for the reply, I'm interested but as you know I have too many cars, What about the mechanicals on your car, any mods, 1st gear start etc. It looks great, but its a long trip to drive down to look, what else can you tell me about the car , have you ever had it to the track or strip, how strong is the engine, how hot does it run, trans problems, how long have youhad it, how many miles have you put on it, it sure looks like a great showcar, but is it a great go car, i dont think i would want it as a daily driver, it would be a crime to put many miles on that car or to have it get road rash or just daily dirt from the air, it looks like my 560 sel, keep it in the garage covered and drive it on the week ends. I'm kind of tied up till the middle of july, we have a family vacation in Tahoe till july 10th, when are you moving and what is your time schedule for selling or shipping the car to Maine.
Thanks Mike
Mechanically the car has not been modified in any way. Engine, transmission and all running gear remain 100% stock and original. The transmission retains its original serial number on the drivers side of it. Both engine and transmission run smooth and strong. I've never tracked the car nor have I brought it to a drag strip but I have had the car dynoed and it definitely runs the way it should. I have the dyno sheets and can fax them to you if you're interested. Another 500E and an E500 were also at the dyno day and my results coincided with theirs, which makes me confident that it's running well.

I bought the car 2.5 years ago with 54K miles. In the first year I drove it frequently and put about 6k miles on it since I started showing I've driven it less frequently to maintain its cleanliness and condition.

As far as driving it, I do drive it on weekends and to car shows so it does get driven. When I purchased it my wife and I drove it home from Seattle, which was an amazing trip. My wife couldn't keep here eyes open she was obviously too comfortable and I couldn't stop grinning especially on I-5 in Oregon flying at near triple digits. Aside from that I've also used it on winding roads in the mountains and again it performed flawlessly. Last year I drove it to Moro Bay for a big 500 GTG, I did put blue tape on the leading edges of the car to avoid any scratches and chips. I personally avoid highway driving in heavy traffic to prevent stone chips.

Items which I feel should be replaced in the next 15K miles would include the wiring harness and the caps/rotors. All other items have already been tended to. The tranny gets regular flushes nearly every year I've owned it and I change the oil every 1500/6months with Amsoil Synthetic. The car did run a little hot before I changed the radiator but after installing the new radiator the engine runs at normal temps. I've personally found that 500E's in general run hot at very high elevations combined with hot days. I've compared my results with at least 5 other cars and they coincide.

As far as selling the car I'd like to sell it as soon as possible. We have a baby due at the end of July and we're planning a move nearly immediately after that. If the car doesn't sell by August 25th I will arrange shipping to Maine and will have the car picked up in the beginning of September to arrive around the same time we do. The only thing that could change is when the baby arrives and I'm not sure how that will affect things....our first baby.

Hope this helped.

BTW I have records available if you'd like to see them, just let me know.

Current:
02 C32 AMG

Previous:
92 500E
84 190E 2.3 5 Spd