View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by narwhal
God I hope people don't really do this. Leaving no tip at all is much less tacky.
Tacky – now that’s a great topic. My wife always worked in the fashion industry, and probably served to often as arm candy for what she’d describe as a mentor. That’s an upscale old fart with lots of important business dinners, which are otherwise socially pathetic and unable to close much more than a business deal. This of course, before she was blessed by the presence of “The Great One”. She did seminars for women and could have probably written a book on how not to be “Tacky”. At first she was a little leery about taking me out in public, but slowly I was able to show her the light. She’s been much happier ever since. You may be right – I’ll have to start just leaving a note. The truth is I seem to get special attention almost wherever I’m at, just smile, be nice and be sure to tell them how good they look.
63 Bug sunroof
85 Jeep CJ7
86 Chevy 6.2l diesel PU

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
Marcus Aurelius