View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JimSmith
I saw the movie a few days ago. Had to buy tickets two shows in advance and only got to see one that started at 10:00 pm. The theater was full.

I think what he shows are facts. Most are movie clips of either live events or interviews, better characterized as set ups. But there is no denying what you see on the screen actually happened.

The context of how it is shown is the issue. Forget the Bin Laden family escape, since you all seem to want to deny that, just look at the long term "relationship" between the Bush family and the Bin Laden family. Look at how much money has been poured into the Bush family (well, GWB's anyway) business flops from the Bin Laden businesses.

Like Kirk says, lots of food for thought. Jim
Not only are the theaters packed, but the crowds are standing up and cheering at the end, not only at the show I attended, reported as well by many different people I know who attended many different shows. And this is the heart of Bush country. Also, women in the audience cry throughout the movie, and are visibly upset whjen the movie is over. The scene of the pickup truck load of dead children, with the father picking his dead daughter from the mass of death brought everyone to tears. It is a powerful movie, and even people who disagree with him are powerfully affected. Anyone who sees this movie will never believe the media-government version of sanitized Nintendo War ever again. See a dead little girl, with her legs blown off at the knees, pulled from a pickup truck load of smashed children, held by a weeping father asking if this is what democracy is. I myself have been moved to see this war for what it is - no longer a political argument, but a war crime, plain and simple, perpertrated by lying purveyors of death and murder.

Last edited by KirkVining; 07-02-2004 at 11:29 AM.