View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joebiodiesel
Lars,
If your car is running rough after running SVO then you probably will need to replace/rebuild the injection nozzles. There are a number of reasons the nozzles can be hurt by SVO. ....

Also, I woud recommend not running SVO through the small pre-filter, and the small main filter. ....
Joe
Joe IMHO your a bit off base. So is Psfred. Ive been active in the WVO board for sometime now and things as you describe I've never run across there as damning as you put them.

AK has not run enough WVO to hurt his injectors infact odds are he never will hurt his injectors if he runs WVO properly. With proper heating there rarely is injector problems associated with WVO. ESPECIALLY in an IDI MB engine. The judgement is still out on blended WVO but it looks very promising this way too.

Also, lots of WVO guys use small prefilters. Its an easy visual way to see what may be going on inside the screw on filter.

As to algae the most common time it seems to be a problem from what I have read is when someone buys a new used diesel that has sat awhile. This is before they even have converted to WVO. Some WVO folk religiously add a algacide to there WVO tanks but many dont and neither rarely have problems.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels