View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 12:25 PM

1967250s: I just made up the 180 MPH thing. I wasn't meaning to be serious when I said that. LOL! Although I think my speedo reads 140 MPH? I can't remember. Seems like the literature in my book said it's max was 160 MPH or something? Don't take my word on that though till I have had time to check it out and make sure tho. It's been years since I cracked open the original owners manual.... like maybe 10 years? LOL!

240DieselDog: Yes, I know every part and componet in the car, what year and where it came from. GOTTA have that, cuz some day I know I'll need replacement parts. As far as anyone being interested enough to pay for the info.... you may very well be right, cuz I know it would have saved us a ton of $$$$ and time had we have had the info at our fingertips before we started! I would have easily paid $250 or more for the info, looking back. All the guess work prolly cost us in excess of $1,000.00. There was lots of trial and error. LOL! But we've actually considered maybe setting up shop to do change-outs for 108's. It's an idea anyway. It obviously wouldn't be a fulltime job, but maybe a sideline hobby. We have the space, and all the tools, and now the know-how to do it. Wouldn't mind converting a few a year.... As far as the diesel goes... I dunno, I know diesels are good motors, I just dont care for them. But I'm sure the 108 could have benefitted from them. And as far as the chassis itself.... as pissed as I was over all the motor problems I had, I never could bring myself to trash the car. I love the ride, I love the look, I love the car. I'm addicted to it! Oh, and I'll try to get them pics real quick!

psfred: As far as the speed thing goes... check the response to 1967250s at the first of this reply. As far the vette rear end... although the vette was lighter, it seems to hold up just fine in the heavier benz. Course, gotta remember, Vettes were made to shake and bake, so their rear ends aren't made of plastic. Thus far, we've had no problems out of it, and I really don't expect to have any, tho I could be wrong. Only time will tell. It seems to work just fine, and it matches up well with the v6.

Anyone know where you can buy chrome or stainless steel bolts? Right now we're working on sprucing up the motor, and getting everything chromed out. Part of that endeavor will be to install either chrome or SS bolts, but I need a good supplier for them, which may be tough with metric bolts. Who knows....

Meanwhile, I'm getting really excited about getting this little toy to the paintshop! WOOHOO! NEW PAINT! Something the poor old thing hasn't seen in 36 years! I'm so excited and ready. Oh, and wait till you see a few of the other "suprise" changes I've made and am making to it.... LOL! SHOULD be interesting when completed! (No, I'm NOT going to tell you... just wait and see! LOL!)

Later!