View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 08:10 AM

Re: Synthetic oil for diesels?

Quote:
Originally posted by gregoryg
Just wondering what some of your feelings are about using full synthetic oil in a turbo diesel engine. I have been using Castrol Syntech for over 15 years in all the Toyotas I have driven, well over 600,00 miles. I have been hearing some good things about Amsoil, don't have any personal friends who have used it yet, so I don't have any direct feedback ontheir product. Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated greatly!
I use Amsoil in all my cars and it has done wonders for all of them. Their products are excellent. I use their synthetic fluids bumper to bumper in most of my cars. The 300SD is the only exception, but I'll get to it soon enough - right now I just use Amsoil for its engine. Other than the cars starting much faster and sounding much quieter, I have been enjoying much improved fuel economy since switching over to Amsoil, as well as extended drain intervals, fully supported by oil analysis. Now my Mazda gets 4 mpg more in combined driving, the Corolla 3 mpg, the Avalon 1.5 mpg, and unfortunately no improvement on the BMW. I just started using the Amsoil 15W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel oil 300 miles ago, so it is too early to check for any improvement in gas mileage.

I definitely recommend it fully!!

Last edited by braverichard; 07-15-2004 at 08:18 AM.