View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 03:23 AM

Everything works on my 300cd, although it has a R134A conversion. It delivers just fine for Wisconsin (by the way, all those Sun Belt folks out there who love to gloat in January should know the temp has been topping out in the upper 70s here the last few days...Ahhhhhhhh. Low humidity, too.)

The driver's side map pocket was broken (OK, I broke it) so I got a new one. New cushion and backrest pads in the seats.

Back speakers blew a couple years ago, replaced them with Diamond Audio M3 units and some little Sony speakers up front. The Becker is long gone -- I have a cheap Audiovox head unit.

Dash is crackly. Oh well.

On my '82 wagon I had the Auta 6000u antenna working for about a year but the kluge I had worked in the head finally gave out. Damn.

The only option seemed to be the $160 Hirschmann Auta 6000KE because it's the only one available through Worldpac with a 64 degree mount for the wagon fender contour. However, literature with the unit indicates the 64 degree adapter (Auta 8264) also works with the Auta Flex 3000 and the HIT Auta 5061/5091. I know the HIT Auta units can cost less than other models...on the other hand, the 6000KE was plug and play.

I also replaced the diaphragm in the center vent actuator recently with replacement rubber from Autolux MB --best deal on the planet for $5 plus shipping. Then my AC stopped blowing. Blower motor needed new brushes. I got $100 worth from a local factory and sold off the spares.

Blaupunkt aftermarket speakers in the rear door panels were wrecked, so I replaced them with some Panasonics with vinyl cones.

Last but not least, a new 116 cushion pad for the driver's seat and a junkyard springox from Tristar Pete. So ...yes, EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

Russ M