View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 07:55 AM
mudduck

Well I've only had my '81 240D for a few weeks but so far the only thing that I have found that does not work is the cruise control. It's an after market unit ...parts of the factory unit where removed...that took a few times under the hood to figure out what was missing..seeing linkage attachments with nothing on them and all. The stereo is also an aftermarket kenwood CD...sounds great!

The A/C is 134A and blowing cool...most likely will be going back to R12 this weekend.

The interior is all intact and looking good. New driver seat upolstrery a little less than 2 years ago as well as a $1700 paint job... the dash has a couple of small cracks but other than that it is really quite pristine...a couple of vacumm issues that I am going to ask about in another post but all related to shifting...the locks and all work fine...the door pillars are wrinkled and the weather strip is showing a little age but hey for $1000 it is not going to be perfect.... It's only been 3 weeks but I think I'm in love....and 4 weeks ago I wanted nothing but Volvos!

Oh and MAKI I've been to Wisconson (alot) I honestly hope that summer comes on a weekend for ya, so you get to enjoy it... I have been here 14 years( from Maine) and I have never had to shovel the heat out of the driveway