View Single Post
Old 02-27-2001, 11:47 AM
Wm. Lewallen

Scott, Ross,and others,
One more fling on the antifreeze fray: On Sunday a friend of mine brought me an article that appeard in the Nov.Dec. 1990 issue of "The Star" magazine, published by The Mercedes Club Of America. The article is on page 20 and is titled "No Mo'Delo? It deals with the fact that suppliers of products to use in auto engines, pay Mercedes(Daimler Chrysler?)and other auto Mfgs.to test their products so they can say it is approved for use in their cars. Chevron felt that the market for MBs was relatively small and did not justify the cost of meeting the restrictions that MB put on the compabies. These restrictions have to do with labelling and names as well as quality. Many companies choose not to pay this fee. They include companies like Shell, Texaco,Amoco,and BP. Gentlemen, these are highly respected companies, and I would say that most American car owners use their products and have never even heard of this magical stuff call Glysantin G 05.
I have known for years that suppliers of products to use in autos paid the auto Mfgs.to "test" their products,and approve them so that they could say that so and so company reccomends their product(s).
Just thought I would share this information with you. After all it's from "The Star".
Bill Lewallen Lexington,Ky. Home of Ashland Oil's Valvoline Glysantin G 05 antifreeze.