View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 09:06 PM

Re: Re: What constitutes a "tour of duty"

Quote:
Originally posted by KirkVining
Kerry volunteered to be a Swift Boat captain. The casualty rate was 75%. Compared to the AWOL pussy you support, Kerry had balls in spades. Anybody who was on a swift boat will tell you that a 5 month assignment on one was something done only by people with real guts, for example, some pilot who didn't even show up for his flight physical would for example, probably not have the balls to go out on a boat and actually fight the enemy while being a sitting duck on a river.

This whole attack on anyone's combat service, never mind Kerry's, makes me want to vomit. You guys who engage in this are doing the same thing as the people who spit on these guys when they came home. This whole road you guys are trying to go down where you are trying to denigrate a man's combat service is the most despicable thing I have ever seen in politics. I have never seen it before until Bush started this type of political attack with McCain in 2000, and it is a new low for gutter politics. No matter what you think of his politics, the guy put his life on the line for you, you ungrateful twit. The only response of people on this side is going to be to attack Bush's dismal service record, something I actually don't enjoy doing, but people pushing this crap make necessary. It would be better for all of us if we just dropped it, but its obvious that Drudge and these "swift boat veterens" have a financially-backed smear campaign in progress, so I don't see it happening.

My one attempt to support a Republican, McCain early in 2000, left me in total and utter disgust with the Bush crowd when the Karl Rove's far right operatives went after him, smearing his service, as a Prisoner of War for gods sake, with "Manchurian Candidate" and "unbalanced because he was tortured" crap like this. It worked there, but in this case its going to cause the repubs more backlash than it is worth.

Look man, you want to know a fact? I learned it from my college roommates, there were five of us who shared a house in Denton Texas in 1974. Three of them were just back from Nam, and they are among my closest friends today. They handed out Purple Hearts like candy bars, to everybody, not just Kerry. It was just a policy to help them feel better in a low morale war. Stub your toe, you got a Purple Heart. The Silver Star, on the other hand, is the Navy's highest decoration. They don't hand them out like candy bars. A major investigation takes place, and a panel of high officers has to unanomously agree to awarding it. Most of the guys who won it, are at the bottom of the sea, in places like Pearl Harbor and Corrigedor. Go ahead, go after the guy. Make my day.
Actually I wasn't directly attacking Kerry war record. Mainly seeking clarification as what certain terminology means.

But since you mention it Kerry leaves himself wide open to attack on this by making a big deal out of his vietnam experience and self proclaimed war hero status. The only heroes' in war are the ones who didn't make it back.
If kerry is such a big hero why doesn't he disclose his military medical records? hummm?
If you want to proclaim yourself a hero like this he should expect a little scrutiny.

Mostly though what the vietnam veterans have a problem with is Kerry's lying before congress denouncing the war. His actions there were treasonable as was his colaboration with north vietnamesse during his organizing anti war demonstrations.
Kerry should be indited not nominated.

By the way the nationguard did not let any " pussies" fly F104's
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge (1872 - 1933)