View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 06:22 PM

Careful Using Stringtrimmer Line - Sunroof Drains

This only could have happened to me as I spent some relaxation time working on my loved '87 300TD. Decided to explore more drain tubes and found the two rear sunroof ones. Left one was plugged at the back so I cleaned it. Wanted to check all the way to the sunroof so I grabbed my stringtrimmer line. Unrolled what I needed and started running up the tube. Ran into a couple of blocks but slowly made my way through them. Then I ran into one that just wouldn't let me through. Oh well, moved to the right side. That one went much better. Fed the line and fed it some more. I could hear it dragging around at the open sunroof area so I went to pull it back out. Stuck. Tighter than tight. Tried moving the sunroof first forward then back. Dragging and moving the line with it. Ok. Close it (struggled) and used the tilt up. Left side went up fine right side didn't want to go up. Finally got the roof closed and the line is still in there. Have to rethink my botched attempt and see if a mirror and strong light will let me see where the line is hung up. Oh sh_t.
'77 VW Type II - 77K - Restored
'08 250EX Ninja
English Bulldog (Brier) - My best friend. Passed away 12/02/04 while in my arms.