View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Just a guy

When JD Power began doing three year relaibility ratings back in 89-90, Mercedes topped the list by a significant margin. Today, they scrape the bottom of the barrel with Mitsu.

What is it? Why? Well, it's gizmos. Even Mercedes knows it, but only time will tell if they really do anything about it. It seems to me some days that they design a contantly lit CE light and attach faulty emissions parts to it, and then slap some tires on, and presto we have a car. People have reached their breaking point when it comes to faulty power accessories, crumbling harnesses, rotten sensors, bad hyper-expensive actuators, balancers that come apart and tear the engine to bits, and so on.

We've been piling miles on the Subaru and it just goes about the business of being a car. No CE lights, no SRS lights, no running problems, no tranny problems. You just put the key in, and it runs perfectly. The AC system works, the stereo is better than an S-Classes unit, and the upholstery looks like it will last another 10 years without a crack.

Right now, if I were to replace the C230, a new MB would not even be on my radar. And since sales have been strong with new customers, they don't care. That might work now, but that kind of attitude never works long term.

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/4050/tophat6.gif