View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 08:59 PM
MedMech

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkVining
Yeah, dude, you may have figured something out. The Russians are fixing to strike Al-queda in Pakistan, something we have been totally unable and unwilling to do. He is furious with Bush. In some kind of Cold War stupidity, we have been siding with the child-killing sons of *****es. we have given their leaders political asylym in the US, and have demanded that Russia negotiate with them, which would be like Russia demanding we negotiate with Delaware. You tel; me why we have been siding with the Chechens who are in league with al-Queda? WTF is up with that?

This is what is actually happening in the world: We have this thing we call "The War on Terror" in which we make war on a noun. Doing so allows us to group things like Iraq, which has nothing to do with terrorism, with things that do, like war in Afganistan, and it is done for politcal cover so the oil bidness can get what it wants done in Iraq under this cover story.

The Russians, on the other hand, have known what a lot of us in this country have known as well, that what we are really in is a war against Islamic Fundamentalism, something , believe it or not, Saddam for all his badness was actually on our side on. They direct their war from Saudi Arabia, Afganistan and especially Pakistan. The army that is in Iraq, belongs there. As John Kerry just said, it is the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the Breslan thing is our wake up call for whats coming if we don't smarten up.

First off I never said I completly agreed with the way the Admin has, is or will handle the war.

I don't want to do more squabbling over little BS but read this statement closely.

KERRY: Today marks a tragic milestone in the war in Iraq. More than one thousand of America's sons and daughters have now given their lives on behalf of their country, on behalf of freedom in the war on terror. And I think that the first thing that every American wants to say today is how deeply we each feel the loss.