View Single Post
Old 03-11-2001, 09:56 AM
Choo Chung Chieh

Yo Sim! Thanks for the reply. Indeed the W220 is expensive back home (I'm from Kuching, BTW). The CKD S280 is so much cheaper than imported ones. Wonder how much the CKD C-Classes would cost. I, personally, find the W220 appealing in design and the technology it comes with. But I am not happy at all with the build quality, and the materials used. I had a look at an S320L with Keyless-Go, PTS, DTS (quoted RM988,000) and I was impressed, but the interior wasn't appealing. Too much plastic, and it doesn't feel as solid as the W140 (Though MB claims it to be). I'm a wood trim and leather fan. Look at the door trims, pretty plain; even the E-Class and C-Class are more appealing. It's the S55AMG door trim and interior which I favour a lot! Lovely! I am looking at the W203, possibly the C240 or the C200K Avantgarde. Somehow, the Aluquadra trim does look nice after a while. As for the S-Class, I'll wait for a face-lift. Every car MB has face lifted looks so good. Look at the newly facelifted A-Class, looks so much better and really reflects itself as a small car with the tri-star. Anyway, you take care and happy MB-ing! Just my $0.02
Regards,
Chung