View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 06:22 PM

Lino,
Please don't post so many pics, because my little hook up doesn't work so fast. Waiting as long as I have for the down loads I've forgotten what the point is. My experience has been. You never say that it has been my experience, because that is weak sentence structure. Trust me. I know these things, because I am a mechanic. At any rate, worn valve seals on these engines result in smoking engines. You can replace the seals and eliminate the smoke, but if the guides are worn the car will not smoke, but the engine will use oil. I've been through this several times. At this time I have an 87 300E that was smoking badly when I bought it for a song. I installed valve seals and the smoking stopped. I'm keeping the car, because Christine wants it. She works in wine country and travels the back roads. She prefers its nimbleness to the SELs. I guess I'll keep it until a 90 or 91 comes around. The point is that the car drinks oil, because the guides are shot. When I put seals in, I noticed play in the guides. It needs a valve job.

Peter