View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp190
If I remember correctly, on the older models like mine as well, the crank sensor is located on the distributor, it's a green wire that goes from the "dizzy" to the ignition computer, it is possible that when you twisted the distributor it got disconnected or gets disconnected once the engine starts shaking. It's a rather delicated wire and without it you wont get a spark at all, make sure it is intact and plugged in correctly.

As for mixture, I've done a lot of adjusting with the screw on the air filter and I was never able to put it so far that the engine would flood. I had it so lean that the computer maxxed out, but the engine still ran fine. This is a very fine adjustment and if the car, it is probably something else, or fuel mixter with something else but not fuel mixture on its own.

xp
My 1986 has the crank sensor on the block above the crank pulley! There also is a wire going to the distributor as well though. I forget what it is called but it works with the CIS-E and Ignition Controller Unit on the fender!

1986 190E 2.3 Black, Auto, Mods to come soon.....