View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 11:13 AM

BMW's nicest looking vehicle in their lineup is the X5. Its much better looking than the ML (But not the G-Class) The X3 looks disproportinate. All of BMW's cars are awful looking, starting with the 7-series. Starting when the American Chris Bangle takes over in the styling department. Why would BMW want someone from a country who designed the Aztec and Roadmaster to redesign their already gorgeous sedans?

As for Mercedes, I don't know. To me, the best looking S-Class is the 1992-1999 sedans. They're square, solid, rich--timeless. The curent S is not bad, just not as good. Maybe it is a better car-just not better looking. The next S I have seen in spyshots looks horrible. It looks totally Japanese. Why are they following BMW!!??

Again, with the E-Classes. I like the styling of the 94-95 E-Classes. The styling of the 96-2002 E-Classes is also good. Different, but good and distinctly European / Mercedes. The new E-Class is O.K. from the front but the rear is almost indistinguishable from a Camry.

I thought the C-Class was nice with the 94-99 square styling. I don't like the newer stlying of squishing the two oval headlights together.

The SL 1990-1999 was a beautiful car. What did they do to it now? Still not horrible like the BMW roadsters.

Owning two Range Rovers from two generations is a wake up call as well. In my opinion, the original Range Rover and the 2nd Generation RR are both great looking. The interior of the second is much more ergonomic and many more creature comforts--but I was absolutely shocked to find that the "burled walnut trim" was plastic! Its real on the earlier Range Rover.

List:
Large sedans still very nice looking:
Jaguar XJ
Unfortunantly Lexus LS430
Somewhat OK MB S-Class

SUV's still nice unique styling:
New Range Rover
BMW X5
Mercedes G500 / 55
So-So Landcruiser / LX470
2005 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE
1999 Audi A8 4.2L quattro