View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozen
Sorry. Didn't intend to lecture anyone. I just saw an opportunity to support professional mechanics who are constantly bashed from all sides as rip off artists. I was not aware of the fact that your family had owned a dealership for 75 years.
Yeah, but I did not intend to say anyone was a rip-off artist, just that I did it for myself and saved money doing it that way. I have no problem taking the car to a mechanic if it is beyond my knowledge or my father-in-laws. He does his own work and has a nicely equiped garage. Although he is a Chevy fan, he still knows alot about engines. Sorry if I seemed to bash anyone, was really just trying to state some things can be done yourself. Also when done yourself it does give one the better understanding of how things work. Although I do not recommend the weak hearted or weak mechanically inclined to remove there dash board! It did not take long to do but was very frustrating when trying to put the heater box back in the car. They really do not give you much room in there.

1986 190E 2.3 Black, Auto, Mods to come soon.....