View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Spark Free

As MS Fowler said, the central locking system is not terribly difficult or expensive to repair. Just a little time consuming. The problem with disabling it is that, at least on my car, the locks on the passenger doors would fight back. Every time I'd move on, either another one would move sympathetically or the one a moved would move back to where it was. So the only way to get them to really work independently is to remove all the rubber connections on the lines. And if you're going to do that, then you might as well fix it right. The trunk and fuel filler pods are made with a thinner rubber that is not as robust as the door pods, so I suggest starting the diagnosis there.

The light bulbs can be replaced with some from the auto parts store, but it's not quite so easy. The parts store bulbs are higher wattage, so they burn too hot. Even to the point of making the knobs uncomfortable to touch. So go to the dealer for these or call Phil at Fastlane. There should be 5 in the heater control panel and 2 in the A/C control panel. The A/C control panel is tricky to remove (I broke mine), so search for the proper procedure here before you go into it. If you can't find it, ask.
2017 Nissan LEAF
Former MB: 99 E300, 86 190E 2.3, 87 300E, 80 240D, 82 204D Euro
Chain Elongation References