View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Banned

we've all been there

As Pete said, we have all experienced this feeling at one point or another. Ususally, it happens when we are trying to fix the same thing for the fourth time. I have been making good headway with the SDL, however it has a set of the LOUDEST SEATS that anyone could possibly stand. I cannot get rid of the tick, tick, tick, tick, tttttticcckkkk, and it does drive me crazy at times.

But, I do think of all of my successful repairs of late and I just put it in my mind to attempt to fix these seats one more time.

I also spoke to my mechanic down in North Carolina regarding the very high front end on the 126 and he indicated that it was quite normal. He also stated that one of his customers was so unhappy about this look that the customer had the mechanic remove the front springs and cut off 1/2 of a coil to lower the body by about 1 inch or so. The result was perfect and there were no other issues! So, a conversation like this one has reenergized me to look down the road to doing the exact same mod on the SDL.

However, I do feel that there is a limit. If you get to the point where you continually dread the thought of "working on the M/B" and would really rather be doing something else with your time, then it is time to rethink the situation. You must get satisfaction from repairing the vehicle which compensates for the fact that it will leave you with these questions from time to time.

Give yourself two weeks away from the vehicle. Do other things. If, after this time, you want to get back to fixing it, then everything is fine. If you still feel that it is one big PIA, then you might need to consider an alternative.