View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 02:07 PM

Exclamation Major maintenence - not tune up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy
I keep hearing that $10k figure floating around first for Infiniti then for a Lexus, now a Cadillac. I think it is a bunch of crap a "tune up" on a new engine is a new set of plugs, and maybe a few filters. The timing belts are the largest expense now.

New technology is nice my father remembers the days were cars rusted apart and started to die after 70k miles. Remember the 5 digit odometers? Now I can buy a car with 100k on it and it will be only halfway through its life. I like new cars and I would be driving a E320 CDI if I had the money. The old ones are nice but the world marches on.
Northstar has timing chains and gears.

Here is a SHOCK…
Jaguar is Top-Ranked European Nameplate In 2004 IQS

Jaguar ranks third among 37 automotive manufacturers included in the
J.D. Power and Associates 2004 Initial Quality StudySM (IQS). This No. 3 position is based on consumer evaluations of their new vehicles after three months of ownership. With initial quality that exceeds the industry average by more than 17%, Jaguar surpasses all other luxury brands, with the exception of Cadillac and Lexus.

CADILLAC…

But they don’t offer a diesel engine!!!

Prototype R&D/testing:
Thermal & Aerodynamic System Engineering (TASE) Senior vehicle instrumentation technician.
Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).
Dynamometer.
Heat exchanger durability.
HV-A/C Climate Control.
Vehicle build.
Fleet Durability
Technical Quality Auditor.
Automotive Technical Writer

1985 300SD
1983 300D
1984 190D
2003 Volvo V70
2002 Honda Civic

https://www.boldegoist.com/

Last edited by whunter; 11-10-2004 at 02:17 PM.